User experience (UX) is now an integral part of SEO. Google announced in 2015 that UX would be a criterion for mobile positioning in the years to come. The search engine recently updated its SEO criteria and classic SEO is no longer enough. You might be wondering what is the connection between UX and SEO ?
First of all, SEO refers to an English expression that can be translated as “optimization for search engines”. It can also be described as SEO ready or even Google Friendly. Brand AdvoKates, one of the best seo agency in Dubai expresses that this expression characterizes a website naturally optimized for search engines and therefore enjoying good SEO. An SEO Friendly site is then designed to respond to the recommendations of the various search engines, whether in terms of its structure or its content. But what does this have to do with user experience?
What is user experience?
The term “user experience” or “UX” (for User eXperience in English) was introduced in the 90s by Donald Norman, professor of cognitive sciences at the University of California.
According to him, this user experience “encompasses all aspects of the end user’s interaction with a company, its services and its products”.
The term UX therefore corresponds to the emotional feeling of a user in front of an interface, a service or even an object.
In order to gradually improve the UX and reach the standards defined by Google, it is important to ask yourself simple questions, putting yourself in the user’s shoes:
- How easy is it to contact you?
- Is the website loading time optimal?
- Is it obvious for users to understand what you are offering?
- Is your offer easy to access?
- Does your website look professional? Is it visually pleasing to the user?
- Is browsing the website pleasant for the user?
- Can visitors intuitively find the information they are looking for?
- Do you speak directly to users, focusing on their needs?
- Are your images unique? Do they really reflect what you are offering?
- Have you integrated a CTA to guide users towards meeting their needs?
- Do you often answer questions asked by visitors?
- Can users get precise information on any of the topics you are discussing?
Why take care of the user experience?
The answer is obvious: to satisfy your potential customers, already at first. But now also to please the Google algorithm. Indeed, if your site and its content meets all the criteria sought and requested by the Google robot, it will have a better chance of experiencing better referencing… which says better referencing, automatically means better accessibility and therefore successively increased visibility. This set will then allow you to experience an appeal that will differentiate you from your competitors and will therefore give you a head start. It is a marketing aspect that should no longer be neglected. However, this logic is not made at random, Google does not use a common policy… on the contrary. He will tend to favor a qualitative site which will bring a certain added value. UX then refers to how your visitors will perceive your website. If that feeling is positive, they will come back. If it isn’t, you already know the answer. And that now Google sees it very well.
He is able to discern whether visitors to whom he has recommended a site in his results are satisfied. In other words, if the site he proposed in his results suited the keyword sought. If visitors return to a competing site, stay for a short time, or visit a few pages, Google will conclude that this site may not be the most suitable and revise its position. Even more if this data is better when these same visitors go to a competing site.
In addition, UX aims to convert visitors into customers through a positive experience on the website or through a product. Its role is to:
- make a website more easily findable
- convert traffic
- test and adapt the experience according to the targeted people
- help visitors find what they are looking for
- turn visitors into returning visitors
How to optimize UX and combine it with SEO?
1 – Concentrate on quality and speed up website loading times. I am referring here to:
- The page load speed
- Ease of navigation
- Internal structure
- The absence of duplicate content
- Relevant and descriptive content
2 – Offer content and interactive elements
3 – Ensure the responsive aspect and design: create content for your visitors but also for search engines:
- maximize H1 and H2 titles
- optimize the name of menus and features, link fairness
- create a clear navigation path
- fill in thoughtful product names and descriptions
4 – Put yourself in your visitors’ shoes and try to provide them with as much comfort and quality as possible on the site at each stage.
To get top notch Seo services, hire the best seo agency in dubai. Work with Brand Advokates to get ranked higher in search engines.